Re: Problem in Jigsaw Running

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Jon Bedworth wrote:

> I have had exactly the same messages. I am not sure of the significance
> of the repository warning, but what I do not understand is why Jigsaw
> thinks, or reports, that there is no logger specified. Is this 'logger'
> anything to do with the different log settings for errors, etc, that you
> can set in Jigadmin. If so, well, I have set them all!, but the message
> still comes up. Is this a Jigsaw error, and if so, is it harmless?

The "no logger" applies to the JigAdmin server itself, one of the thing
you may do is to add the following lines in admin-server.props (provided
you have a recent enough version of Jigsaw 2.0.3 (see
http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.0/)

org.w3c.jigsaw.logger=org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger
(or ExtendedCommonLogger that uses monthly-based log rotation).
and
org.w3c.jigsaw.logger.logdirname=<isntdir>/Jigsaw/config/logAdmin/
(replace / by \ or \\ in your case)
and of course create the logAdmin dir at the right place :)
If you don't add the second line, the logger will use by default the same
directory as the other one, with unexpected behaviour ;)
Add this only if you want to log the changes you did in the configuration,
otherwise, it is just a warning!