Re: q: use of system resources

saving2000@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Sorry if this info is in the documentation, but I haven't found anything.
>
> Is there any description available of the process jigsaw uses to respond to system loading?

No, we don't have enough time to write such a document, sorry. We're only two people
working on Jigsaw. The main thing is to manage a limited amount of connections
and to cut idle connections when a new connection request occurs.

> Is it possible to limit the size of files transfered to the client?

Yes, but you'll have to write a filter[1] for that, we have such a filter but only for
PUT[2].

> Is it possible to limit the amount of system resources jigsaw uses? Would that be done by the jvm or the os?

It's jvm related, you can specify the memory used by Jigsaw with:

java -ms32m -mx32m org.w3c.jigsaw.Main .....

-ms : Initial heap size
-mx : Maximum heap size

> Have there been any articles written on jigsaw, maybe comparing it to other similar products?

Yes, there is an article written by some INRIA people, but it is not online yet.
We will make an announce on the mailing list when this (really interesting)
article will be on line.

Regards, Benoit.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/writing-filters.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Reference/org.w3c.jigsaw.filters.PutSizeFilter.html