Re: a second http listener in one server

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Kevin Regan wrote:

> I am attempting to create a second listener in the jigsaw server.
> I have done the following:
>
> 1) cd <Jigsaw Root>/Jigsaw/config
> 2) cp http-server.props http2-server.props
>
> 3) changed the following properties in http2-server.props:
>
> org.w3c.jigsaw.propfile
> org.w3c.jigsaw.port
>
> 4) run jigsaw
>
> This seems to work fine for static files (I can access files on
> the new port).  However, servlets no longer seem to be configured
> correctly (they are served out as flat files).  I'm not sure if
> this is the correct way to do what I want, but I couldn't find
> anything in the docs.

The main problem with this setup is that the resource store manager won't
be shared, and the two instances will bump into the configuration of the
other.
But, it is possible to use cloned servers to do exactly what you want to
do, here is an example.
you have your http-server.props and your http2-server.props (let's call
it clone-server), both sharing the same space but with their own
configuration file.

Your server.props should look like this:

org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.handlers=http-server|admin-server|clone-server
http-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=org.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd
admin-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.class=org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminServer
clone-server.org.w3c.jigsaw.daemon.clones=http-server