Re: Disable Back & Forward button on the Broswer

Look at the HTTP1.1 and HTML4.0 specs on www.w3.org
You will not be able to disable browser buttons  in a standard way.

Consider writing your own browser without buttons (there is a hotjava bean at
java.sun.com and also
some html editor classes in swing). If all URLs are within your control you
could
go via a servlet which detects and redirects back and forward requests (but
the brower
usually buffers these pages).

You probably only  need to disable buttons because you have not found an
elegant
design for your application. Think again.

An easy solution is to add a banner at the top of each page saying
"please do not use the back and forward buttons on your browser".

You should direct your request to another newsgroup (for netscape or IE)

--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/