Re: multiplexing

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Giannakopoulos Michalis wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've got a first Jigsaw server acting as a mirror, and a second Jigsaw
> server acting as a proxy. My first Jigsaw is configured to use the second as
> proxy, and I'd like to establish only one connection between them, and to
> use multiplexing on this single connection.
> So I've modified the client-side of the first one so that it uses
> HttpMuxServer instead of HttpBasicServer, and the server-side of the second
> one so that it uses MuxClientFactory instead of SocketClientFactory.

The drawback will be that your proxy won't be able to accept "normal" HTTP
session any longer.

> But it doesn't work. The socket is created between my two jigsaws, but my
> browser's reply is :
>
> An HTTP error occured while getting:
>
> http://pcmgi:8002/
>
> Details "null".
>
> Generated by http://pcmgi:8002/
>
> where pcmgi:8002 is the proxy.
> In the window where I've launched this proxy, I also have :
>
> org.w3c.www.mux.MuxStream@964dcfa4: RST (lookup) session 0
>
> I've seen that debug flags are set in the mux classes...does that mean that
> they are still in development, or do I use them in a faulty way?

They were broken during a fix of another problem in the handling of the
streams. I need to work on the MUX part again, so consider for it for now
not stable.
But, if you use the normal setting, the number of connections from your
mirror server to the proxy should be limited, as connection are reused,
and as Jigsaw doesn't cut the alive connection after a small timeout (only
after a huge timeout :) ).
Hope this helps,