Re: virtual html file

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, Christopher William Turner wrote:

> I have a servlet which generates an html formatted entry from a
> database.
> It currently accepts a URL like this:-
>
> http://www.trade-submit.com:8001/t?8154082
>
> I would like the URL to be indistinguishable from a static html file.
> e.g
>
> http://www.trade-submit.com:8001/t/8154082.html
>
> How can I do this?

You already have this, look at the snoopservlet output:

http://ender.inria.fr:8006/servlet/SnoopServlet/foo/bar/9239842.html

Requested URL:

http://ender.inria.fr:8006/servlet/SnoopServlet/foo/bar/9239842.html

Simple Servlet Output

This is output from SimpleServlet.

Request information:

 Request method: GET
 Request URI: /servlet/SimpleServlet
 Request protocol: HTTP/1.0
 Servlet path: /servlet/SimpleServlet
 Path info: /foo/bar/9239842.html
 Path translated: <none>
 Query string: <none>
 Content length: <none>
 Content type: <none>
 Server name: ender.inria.fr
 Server port: 8006
 Remote user: <none>
 Remote address: 138.96.10.3
 Remote host: tarantula.inria.fr
 Authorization scheme: <none>

Request headers:

 connection: Keep-Alive
 accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png,
*/*
 accept-charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
 accept-encoding: gzip
 accept-language: fr,en
 host: ender.inria.fr:8006
 user-agent: Mozilla/4.08 [en] (X11; I; SunOS 5.6 sun4u; Nav)

So you may replace the ? by / and strip off/add .html ad the end of the
URI, you will have everything in Path Info.