JigAdmin (jdk 1.1.x version and changing http port)

Hi,

I have just installed the latest release of Jigsaw on a Win 98 box.  I was
having trouble changing the default port to 80.  This was brought up by
Jeremy Johnson in the posting below.

If I want to try to use another port, say, myhost:8001.  Jigsaw throws the
following error when using JigAdmin and committing the change in the
Root->Http-Server-Properties-General leaf.

org.w3c.tools.resources.IllegalAttributeAccess: Illegal attribute value
8001
 org.w3c.jigsaw.port
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.IllegalAttributeAccess.<init>(Compiled
Cod
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.config.PropertySet.setValue(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.remoteSetValues(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.BrokerFrame.extended(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.frames.HTTPFrame.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.performFrames(Compiled
Code
        at org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.AdminServer.perform(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.processRequest(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Client.startConnection(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient.run(Compiled Code)
        at org.w3c.util.CachedThread.run(Compiled Code)

I have not had opportunity to run JigAdmin under jdk 1.2, so was this
problem corrected in JigAdmin?  It is kind of a pain... if not could you
post that you need to manually edit the http-server.props file in Windows
boxes in the FAQ until the correction is made.

Thanks...

/mdb

=========== OLD POSTING