Re: Max Connections

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Edwin Brown wrote:

> I used jigadm to change the maximum number of connections allowed. I
> decided to use 2000, which was the maximum allowed by the slider. Now, it
> appears that the Jigsaw server has gone "off the deep end." It won't even
> allow 20 connections. I stopped and restarted the server and the results
> are just inconsistant.
>
> Is there a bug in doing this?

Is this the max connection of the proxy? If so, you should be careful to
have anough file descriptors available (unix stuff).
Otherwise, if it is in SocketConnectionProp, you must probably refer to
Max Clients. If you push the number of max clients (ie: the maximum number
of simultaneous connections to the server), then you should also modify
the number of threads of the ThreadCache (same property sheet), otherwise,
client will wait for a thread and garbage collection of client may not
occur (hence erratic behaviour).
I still have to do a good explanation page of the four parameters :)