Re: help, I have a HttpParserException

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Cedric Vieau wrote:

> I use Jigsaw 2.0.1 compiled with jdk 1.2 on SunOS 5.6
> Jigsaw is behind another proxy, Squid.
>
> My Jigsaw conf :
>
> SocketConnectionProp...
>    MinFree     5
>    MaxFree     15
>    MaxIdle     20
>    MaxClients  30
>    IdleTimeout 10000
>
> ConnectionProp...
>    Client Priority  5
>    Buffer Size      8192
>    Request Timeout  200000
>
> I often stop Jigsaw by killing its process...
> I know it's bad, but it's fast too.
> Perhaps my problem would be solved if I use JigKill ?
> But I didn't find it's URL to download it...

JigKill is a class (org.w3c.jigsaw.admin.JigKill) and 2.0.2 has also a
script in it (in scripts) to kill the server.
But your problem should be that you don't have enough conenction
available.

set decriptors limit to 1024 (in the shell you use to launch jigsaw).
set the Properties->proxy->max connections to let's say 30.
socket timeout to 300000 seems good also
And in Properties->SocketConnectionProp->max threads, set the number of
threads to be 2 or 3 times the max number of client (using jdk1.2 even
large number of threads are not painful).
You may want also to clean the cache as it may have been corrupted by a
ctrl-c :) (just rm -rf config/cache/*)
Hope this helps,