Re: PUT doesn't PUT for me

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Burleigh, Frank wrote:

> Hello.  I've just begun to work with Jigsaw 2.02 under OS/2.  Since it seems
> to work quite well, I thought I'd put it to a particular use.  Netscape 4.5x
> has the notion of roaming profiles.  These could be quite useful for people
> like me who use a bunch of PCs.  When it starts, Netscape will look on an
> http server directory (with authentication) for a user profile, and on exit,
> it will PUT these files back to the server.
>
> So I created in JS a DirectoryResource like this:
> + ProfileSpace
>    + HTTPFrame (Putable, Browseable, etc., are TRUE; I've left method blank
> and also put them all in)
>       + GenericAuthFilter

Not only the Container should be putable, but also the resources!
To do that, the best way is to add a new indexer (ContentTypeIndexer is
the most adapted to do this work).
It is described at http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/publication.html
Note, content types like text/* (text:*) can be matched, to help things.
The frame of every resource you put under this one should have the flag
putable set to "true" if you want it to be putable