Re: *** Warning : no logger specified, not logging.

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Werner Hennrich wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've set the loggers all in JigAdmin, but when I start JigSaw, it still
> warns that no logger is specified.
>
> ---
>
> In JigAdmin, under http-server/Properties/logging, the file names for
> ErrLog, Log and TraceLog are set to vaild local file names, the logger class
> is set to org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger (which is default).
>
> In JigAdmin, under http-server/Properties/Servlets, the servlet log file is
> set to a valid file name.
>
> When I start JigSaw, these files are created then.
>
> But there are never any data written to the log and to the tracelog, just
> the errlog and the servletlog contain some messages; when a servlet throws
> an exception, I can't find the stacktrace neither in the console nor in any
> of the log files.

The logger is present and running, the warning you saw was from the admin
server. Also, the logger does some buffering, so you must fill enough the
buffer before it is flushed to the disk (a small optimisation needed as
the logger was the main slowing point in Jigsaw at some point ;) )