Re: Jigsaw and Apache coexisting...

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Brian Dupras wrote:

> We're developing som applications that are dependant on servlets and cgi.
> We're currently running both Apache and Jigsaw on the test web server, but
> with separated web spaces.  I'd like to merge the two web spaces into one,
> but there's one major difference.
>
> Apache uses ./html as the home for html and ./cgi-bin as the home for cgi
> Jigsaw uses . as the home for html, and ./cgi-bin as the home for cgi
>
> How do I configure Jigsaw to use ./html as the html home without changing
> where it looks for cgi?

It can be done, but you have some "manual" work to do there :)
first, edit the property file of the http server (http-server.props in the
config dir), and fix the org.w3c.jigsaw.space property
Should be something like
org.w3c.jigsaw.space=/0/w3c/ylafon/Tests/Jigsaw/Jigsaw/html

then, erase all the store entries (rm config/stores/*). At this point,
start your server, it will produce some warning message, but it will do
what you want, create a new root resource, starting at the right location.
But... only the resource is created! You have to add an HTTPFrame to the
root resource, using jigadmin
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/JigAdmin/edit.html, as you will be using
2.0.2 ;)
Unfortunately, we forgot to setup the cgi-indexer, so you have to create
one.
(A SampleResourceIndexer, with *default* as the extension if you want to
match everything, File Resource with a CgiFrame).
Then, create a PassDictory called cgi-bin, pointing to your cgi
repository, set its indexer to be the cgi-indexer you just created, and
you will have a clone of your Apache setup.