Re: What classes to override to do RTSP?

Brian Dupras <bdupras@bigfoot.com>, on 4/6/99 11:15 AM wrote:

>> ... because it has to communicate through an HTTP
>> interface (at least all the ones I've written before do).
>
>Actually, a servlet can do anyhting that the host environment will allow.
>I've seen a servlet that does one task, but serves up multiple interfaces:
>HTTP via the standard servlet stuff, *and* a direct open socket, *and* RMI
>(CORBA).  The client(s) can choose which interface to use.
>
>The example is in McGraw Hill's "Java Servlets" by Karl Moss.  It's pretty
>cool.

Well, actually, that's what I'm trying to avoid. I could write my own
RTSP server from scratch, but I'd rather start with someone else's
well-thought-out extensible framework; hence my interest in Jigsaw... or
am I misunderstanding what you're suggesting?

--
Gary Teter, Big Dog
Bulldog Beach Interactive http://www.bulldogbeach.com