Re: Applets not being served.

We forgot to put class extension in the default indexer, so applet
class files are not reachable by default. That's a mistake.
But, you can add it by yourself, please read [1]. You just have to
create a resource called "class" in the default indexer, a FileResource
associated to an HTTPFrame with a content type equals to
application/octet-stream.

This will be added in the next Jigsaw release.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/indexers.html

Regards, Benoit.

Brian Dupras wrote:

> I'm sure this is simply a config problem, but reading the docs and playing
> with JigAdmin hasn't helped (yet).
>
> I have a simple HTML file and a Java applet in a directory.
> (Jigsaw/WWW/Test/Foo.html and Foo.class)  The HTML file is simply this:
>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> </HEAD>
>
> <BODY>
> Testing
> <APPLET  ID="Foo"  code="Foo"  MAYSCRIPT></APPLET>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> When I load the file (http://localhost/Test/Foo.html), I get a "class Foo
> not found" error.
>
> At first I though that adding a "class" extension to the default indexer
> would do the trick, but I still get the same error.
>
> If I simply load the file locally (E:\Program Files\...\WWW\Test\Foo.html)
> in a browser, the applet loads fine.
>
> Any suggestions?  Every applet shouldn't need to be in the classpath, right?
>
> Brian

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team