Re: default html page for a new directory

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, James Smith wrote:

> i've added a new directory under .../www
>
> there are two files in this new directory, called overview.html and
> index.html. reindexing the space node has shown up this new directory and
> it's child html files fine. but how do i get index.html to be the default
> file shown rather than overview.html?
>
> i had a look thru the archive and got from a mail sent april 1997...
>
> 'set the index attribute of DirectoryResource to index.html'
>
> but there's no index attribute of my new node in jigadmin. there's an
> indexer attribute, which presumably the indexer assigned to this new node
> automatically, but no index attribute
>
> so where do i set this attribute?

It is not in the attributes fo the DirectoryResource, but in the
attributes of its HTTPFrame. There is an index attribute, and the menu
should show you the available indexes.
If you want to have the default for all the directories of your site, you
should do this also in the indexer (default -> directories -> *default* ->
HTTPFrame)