Re: Client disconnect after 2 days

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, M Ranga Rao Choudary wrote:

> hi all,
>
> We are writing a heavy load web based application using Jigsaw as the
> http server. We are running the Jigsaw using the JRE1.1.6.
>
> The initial JAR file size is 2.1 MB. We are using Voyager ORB for
> remote enabling the objects.. The client is supposed to connect to the
> server for 365 days year, very critical application. But the client is
> disconnecting after 2 days. We were not able to connect more than 5
> clients.  Our requirement is connecting atleast 35 clients.

There shouldn't be any problem with the number of clients, you just have
to select the right number of clients available in the
SocketConnectionProperty property sheet.
The default should be 30 clients max, and must be bumped.

For the timeout, it is set by a property, to avoid "eaten" threads caused
by undetected socket close.
The property controlling it is org.w3c.jigsaw.request.timeout
(It is in the http-server.props)
in milliseconds. If you set it to 1000*86400*365, you're all set.