Re: AW: AW: Problem in accessing GIF files

There is no problem with the Jigsaw server. The problem is an incompatibility
between
the particular image *files* in the jigsaw release and IE4/Windows.

Try *not* starting the server and use the "file:" protocol to get IE4 to directly
load the
image file to prove it.

Therefore there should be no objection to using Jigsaw to serve your own sites with
your
own images, just don't use any images from the jigsaw release.

If you really want to use IE4 to view the local jigsaw image files, you can "fix"
the jigsaw image files using Paint Shop Pro or some other image editing programs. Or
you can fix IE4/Windows (the browser application and the operating system share many
components)

--
Chris Turner, http://www.cycom.co.uk/