Re: Unstable working of JigAdmin

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Mykola A. Nickishov wrote:

> I have 2 questions:
>
> 1. While starting Jigsaw I retrieve this output:

> Jigsaw[2.0.2]: serving at http://satellite.kiev.ua:8001/
> *** Warning : no logger specified, not logging.
> JigAdmin[2.0.2]: serving at http://satellite.kiev.ua:8009/
>
> All works fine. But warning message! What does it mean?

It means that there is no logger defined for the admin server, if you want
to enable logging on the admin server, you just have to edit
admin-server.props
and add
org.w3c.jigsaw.logger=org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ExtendedCommonLogger
or just CommonLogger

> 2. After 5-10 min JigAdmin returns error "Unable to contact target
> server localhost:8009 after 3 tries" and exception occurred during
> event dispatching:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.AttributeHolder.getValue(Compiled
> Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.Resource.getValue(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.Resource.getContext(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.Resource.getSpace(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.Resource.markModified(Compiled
> Code)
>         at
> org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.markModified(Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.w3c.tools.resources.FramedResource.frameModified(Compiled Code)
>         at
> org.w3c.tools.resources.ResourceFrame.fireFrameEvent(Compiled Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.ResourceFrame.processEvent(Compiled
> Code)
>         at org.w3c.tools.resources.event.Dispatcher.run(Compiled Code)
>
> What does it mean?

is it jigadmin or jigadmin 2.0 (the swing version?)
It means that you access attributes of a resource that is no longer
available, maybe you removed the parent using another window.
Can you give me more context information?