Re: can't start install.class

Le 07:22 14/07/99 -0400, Mykola A. Nickishov a écrit:
>Luc Saint-Elie wrote:
>
> > This is a very (very very) classical CLASSPATH problem
> > here is the content of my install.bat file (I use Win 98):
> > cd D:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw
> > java Install
>
>Here is my install.bat:
>--> java -classpath "d:\jdk1.2\lib\classes.zip" Install
>It's placed in d:\jigsaw\jigsaw... Any advices now?

Mykol,

Two advices (without any guaranties :-)

1) You must distinguish your JDK CLASSPATH and the path telling the JVM
where your java class is

Your CLASSPATH is something related to ALL your Java stuff, so set it one
good time for all (setting the CLASSPATH on a case by case basis under
Windows will lead you to a very depressing experience.. I don't know how
Unix works in this field but Windows ...)

So in your autoexec.bat you may have stuff like :

SET CLASSPATH=C:\JDK\lib;C:\JDK\lib\tools.jar;%CLASSPATH%
SET CLASSPATH=C:\JSDK\lib\jsdk.jar;%CLASSPATH%
SET
CLASSPATH=D:\Jigsaw\classes\jigsaw.zip;D:\Jigsaw\classes\jigadmin.jar;%CLASS
PATH%

In each of your myprettystuff.bat file (like install.bat but also in the
.bat files you will use to launch and stop Jigsaw) you need to indicate :
a) WHERE the java class is (for example d:\jigsaw\jigsaw)
b) call the java class

in my case

cd D:\Jigsaw\Jigsaw => tell the JVM to browse to the directory where my
class is
  java Install => fire and forget

2) If you're using JDK 1.2
d:\jdk1.2\lib\classes.zip is strange. There is no more classes.zip AFAIK

Hope this helps

| Luc Saint-Elie                                 |
| 75018 Paris France                             |
| Tel: 1(212)894 3713 ext: 0012                  |
| email : luc@interpasnet.com                    |
| Java Server Side Open Source technologies      |
| http://www.interpasnet.com/JSS                 |