Re: [Moderator Action] Redirect & Relocate

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Phil Blake wrote:

> Sorry to ask this again, I'm still getting identical results to day 1, even
> after all the help people have offered. Either I haven't explained the
> problem so anyone can understand it, or I don't understand the answers, so
> here I try again... :)
>
> I've now updated the following two classes:
> RedirecterFrame 1.4 and
> RelocateFrame 1.11
>

> The setup is Jigsaw 2.0.1 running on the host "www.host.com"
>
> space
> |--indexers
> |  |--MyIndexer
> |     |--extensions
> |        |--html
> |--servlets
> |  |--MyServlet
> |--virtual
> |  |--virtual.host.com:8001
> |     |--pages
> |        |--test.html
> |        |--anotherTest.html
> |        |--otherStuff.html
>
> THE ONE AND ONLY GOAL!!!
> When anyone requests any document in the pages directory, MyServlet is
> called to provide the result.
>
> Sanity Test - The request:
> 	http://www.host.com:8001/servlets/MyServlet
> works perfectly.
>

> 1. Redirecter
> There is a Redirecter on "MyIndexer->extensions->html" with it's target set
> to "/servlets/MyServlet" and,
> The "pages" directory has its indexer set to "MyIndexer"
>
> Any request in the "pages" directory returns
> Invalid URL
> The URL http://www.host.com:8001/servlets/MyServlet that you requested is
> not available on that server.
>
> which is clearly wrong as the sanity test works perfectly. Is the wording
> in the error wrong or is this a bug?

It seems that the lookup didn't gave the expected results ;) The current
redirect force the redirects to be on the same server, means that it
should be sent to the same virtual host.

> 2. Relocate
> There is a Relocate on "MyIndexer->extensions->html" with it's location set
> to "/servlets/MyServlet" and as before,
> The "pages" directory has its indexer set to "MyIndexer"
>
> Any request in the "pages" directory returns:
> Method POST not allowed on this resource.

humm This one is WEIRD, there is no point for the Container to ask for a
PUT! You should try to do the redirect with the FULL uri, like
Relocate -> location : http://www.foosite.com:8001/servlets/MyServlet
Btw, you should upgrade your Relocate frame, I fixed a port problem this
morning.