RE: Jigsaw 2.0.1 is out!

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Kenneth Persson wrote:

> How do you define the client part of Jigsaw? Can you
> point me to some sample client code taking advantage
> of HTTP 1.1 features?

The client part of Jigsaw is the subset of the classes that are
implementing the client side of a HTTP connection.
It implements URLConnection, so you can replace the default URLConnection.
For every client that gathers data using http, you can then take benefit
of HTTP/1.1 with keep alive connection, etags and such. You can also take
benefit of the cache (Client side filter), the request dispatcher and
other things.
You just have to start your application using
java  -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs="org.w3c.www.protocol|sun.net.www.protocol"