Re: How to develop servlet with JDK-1.2?

Bensen Chiou wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I used to use JSDK2.0 to develop servlet. Recently I installed
>   JDK-1.2 on Solaris 2.6.  According to the README of JSDK2.0,
>   JDK-1.2 should include the JSDK for developing servlet.
>
>   Does anyone know what's the package in JDK-1.2 for JSDK?

JDK 1.2 has created a javax package for extensions. After lot of debate,
the Swing also went to Java extensions. While the JFC or Swing went into
JDK 1.2, the servlets is still separate. This is so that any development
on Servlet technology can go on independently of JDK releases. So you
still need to download jsdk.jar separately and use it as earlier. JSDK
2.1 has been finalized and some servlet engines have already started
support.

> Thanks,
>
> Bensen Chiou

S.Ramaswamy
Matrix Infotech Syndicate
D-7, Poorti, Vikaspuri, New Delhi, 110018, India
PHONE: +91-11-5610050,   FAX: +91-11-5535103
WEB  :   http://MatrixInfotech.HyperMart.Net