Re: question

Tadashi NAKANO wrote:

> And when a client connect, the daemon allocates a thread the client.
> If that I think is correct, please tell me the thread class name.

The httpd process accepts the client connect
inorg.w3c.jigsaw.http.httpd.run();
and then passes the connected socket to
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.handleConnection(Socket);

this method binds the socket to a
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClient object which is associated with
a thread
obtained from a thread cache. See
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory.run();
The threadcache is
org.w3c.util.ThreadCache
and it contains thread instances of type
org.w3c.util.CachedThread.

be aware that the connection is normally kept alive and so you only see
this startup
sequence during the first page access by a browser. From then on the
same
connections get reused. Typically a browser will provoke 3 connections.

There are some debug flags
    private static final boolean debug       = false;
    private static final boolean debugthread = false;
in
org.w3c.jigsaw.http.socket.SocketClientFactory which you can set true to
get some thread information.

This kind of sequence information can sometimes be hard to find by
inspection in object oriented source code. The UML process (see
www.rational.com) suggests sequence
diagrams for showing this aspect of an implementation.

Chris Turner, www.cycom.co.uk