Re: Logging

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

> Running Jigsaw 2.0beta3 on Win NT/98 I don't see any way of turning off
> logging.  Even though startup tells me "*** Warning : no logger
> specified, not logging.", I still get log files generated.  Do I need to
> plug in my own null logger class as an extension of
> org.w3c.jigsaw.http.Logger and make it the logger in order to prevent a
> log from being generated?

The *** Warning : no logger... message is thrown by the admin server.
To remove the logger, you have to edit the config file and remove the
"org.w3c.jigsaw.logger=org.w3c.jigsaw.http.CommonLogger" line.
(I just figured out that it was not possible for now using the admin tool,
as it accept only valid classname. In this case, the null logger is the
real possibility)
Of course there is now another entry in our todo list!