Re: Log file entry: code 1001 -1 ??

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Guido Paschke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my questions concerns the following:
>
> I'm writing a simple servlet that's reading an HTML document and
> inserts a style sheet url after the <head> element. The servlet works
> fine for the first request but the following requests are corrupted .
> The servlet log says that the servlet is initializing and the jigsaw
> log says:
> 193.174.33.99 - - [25/Nov/1998:11:09:16 +0] "GET
> http://193.174.33.99:8001/servlets/insertStyleSheet HTTP/1.1" 1001 -1
>
> What does 1001 mean ?? In the RFC2068 (HTTP1.1) 1001 is not defined.
> Ok here's the servlet code (the code is very alpha and I`don`t think
> very good...) :-((

Well, 1001 is an internal code. WHen a servlet is invoked, it gets the
OutputStream, at this point, the Jigsaw Reply object bump its state to
"DONE" 1001, as it can't know what the object that requested the output
stream will do with that. The -1 is the consequence of the same thing.
So it is not an error, just the fact that an external object (usually a
servlet) has handled the request.