Re: Errors with Jigsaw

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Santiago Gala wrote:

> I want to comment on two (minor) bugs in Jigsaw.
>
> The first is related with Case-sensitivity of path names. Under Windows,
> filenames are not casesensitive. What happens in Jigsaw is that
> extensible directories index any valid path that you happen to type in
> as a different resource. Thus, you end up with different resources for
> /usr than /Usr or /USR. This adds to the memory requirements of the
> server, and it is specially annoying when your property settings are not
> default ones, as automatic directories have standard settings.

Well, this behaviour is taken into account, you can modify in the
properties of the server wherever it will do a case sensitive match or
not.

> The second is related with indexing of .zip files as directories. I have
> not been able to specify in an indexer that any .zip file is really a
> directory. I have to create the resources by hand.

Well, there are strange things about zip, for example if no files are in a
directory, an optimization of the zip is to remove the directory, then you
should add an empty file or the directory itself (force it). That may
explain things. We will test that with the zip you are referring to.