Re: Losing the resource store & losing confidence in jigsaw

 We just modified this. Now an invalid resource (or frame class) that
 can't be loaded or instanciated will be replaced by a special resource
 (or frame) called UnknownResource (or UnknownFrame). This will be
 available in the next release (next month).

 Benoit.

Daniel Sperry writes:

> My previous messages where about the problems that
> I have found while developing resources (Frames)
> using to use with jigsaw.
>
> The problem I exposed was that in some cases
> (where a class of a resource is changed) is virtualy
> impossible to delete the affected resource or
> its parents resources.
>
> We, here at my lab, decided that the abstence of response to the
> message "Changing Resource Store"
> means that developing resource frames for cgi like applications
> is a waste of time.
>
> The fact that most questions the recent messages on this list
> is about Servlets sets clear the way we should take:
>  Develop servlets since they won't invalidade the resource
>   store and if proved that jigsaw won't live at all, they could
>   be used with almost any good server.
>
> But the problem still there.
>
> There are some situations where jigsaw (jigadm) refuses to
> delete a resource. And the only way to get thru this
> is to reinstal jigsaw.
>
> I cannot do that anymore. There should be a way to
> bypass this problem and delete or replace the broken
> resource. Finally... this is my only question:
>

>   How I delete a resource that refuses to be delete?
>

> Daniel.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team