Re: How to re-compile jigsaw?

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 06:06:32 -0400 (EDT), L.Somchai wrote:

>Dear sir,
>	I try to use servlet with jigsaw. I follow the instruction in the document but I don't know how to re-compile
it. I use JDK 1.1.6 on Solaris 2.4. My make program does not know some makefile command. What is a suitable make
program I should use.
>	My machine in Sparc 20.

There seem to be quite a few of us that have just this problem (even, dare i suggest it, some madams ;). From what i
can tell, it comes from problems with the makefile, not having the right things on the CLASSPATH etc.

One of the writers (sorry, i can't remember your name) to this list provided a makefile to fix just this problem (look
at the archives for this month, under www.w3c.org/jigsaw somewhere). The makefile didn't work completely perfectly for
me (system differences i assume), but after manually making a couple of extra changes (as per the manual), i finally
got it working.

What i would like to suggest is that given that so many of us wish to have servlet support, and have so much trouble
getting it, wouldn't it make sense to make the updated version of jigsaw.zip publically available? I would do it with
my version (and will, if so requested), except that i am worried that it isn't perfect (though i haven't had any
troubles since), and also i am quite far away from the main internet backbones...

  Other relevant addresses: eMpTy@paradise.net.nz, Monica@paradise.net.nz

              1 Percy Dyett Drive, Karori, Wellington, NZ

   And because Raymond keeps forgetting it:  +64 4 4767088 (fax/phone)