Re: Servlet not found!

Somchai LIMSIRORATANA writes:

> Dear sir,
> 	I downloaded jdk1.2beta3 and try to use a servlet. I install jdk1.2beta3 in
>  WinNT and run servletrunner which have an example servlet files in docs\ext
> \servlet\examples(from jdk1.2beta3 document). When I use the IE4.0 browse to
>  the simpleservlet or any other servlet it return "Not Found". I think, may
> be the classpath was wrong because the first time the servletrunner return a
> n error message like no javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.class and others clas
> s. So, I copy all javax.* to the same servlet directory but it also not foun
> d the servlet(found HttpServlet.class).
> 	I think, there are some environment that I should set it before but I don't
>  know where is the document which explane about this.
> 	Can anyone advice me? Please.
>
> 	Thank you.
> Sincerely,
> Somchai Limsiroratana
> Agric. Process Engineering and Technology Lab.
> Dept. of Bio-production Engineering,
> Division of Environmental Science and Technology
> Graduate School of Agric. Science,
> KYOTO UNIVERSITY, Kyoto, JAPAN 606-01
> lsomchai@e7sun-1.kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp

 Jigsaw is not yet ready for JDK1.2, because this jdk is not stable, the api
 is still changing. so we are waiting for the final version before modifying
 Jigsaw.

 If you want to use servlet under Jigsaw, please use jdk1.1.x and JSDK2.0.
 I sent the last servlet package on the list a few days ago.

 Benoit

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team