More Info - Re: Registering servlets for file types.

> > From: Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr>
> > Subject: Re: Registering servlets for file types.
> >
> >   Yes you can configure an indexer to index file with .class extension
> > as servlets. Create a new indexer (SampleResourceIndexer[1]), and add
> > a ServletWrapper (with its ServletWrapperFrame) called "class" in the
> > extensions node of your new indexer. See [2]
>
> > [1] org.w3c.tools.resources.indexer.SampleResourceIndexer
> > [2] /Doc/User/indexers.html
> --------------------------
>
>   Did you ever get this working ?
>
>   If so I'd be interested in knowing what the trick was. I mean made the
>   servlet-indexer, just as per instructions set out here and in other mail
>   that Benoit obliged me with. Only to find the following error:
>

> > org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper@/Servlets/SnoopServlet.class: unable to initialize servlet, exception: null
> > org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper@/Servlets/SessionServlet.class: unable to initialize servlet, exception: null

The error is caused by a NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.log(GenericServlet.java:116)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:151)
        at org.w3c.jigsaw.servlet.ServletWrapper.launchServlet(ServletWrapper.java:283)
I am using JSDK 2.0.
Hope someone can help me with this info.

- Hari.
* P. R. Harindranath                  | email: hary@wipinfo.soft.net          *
* Wipro Infotech Ltd                  | phone 91-80-2241728 ext 3608/3609.    *
* Bangalore, India                    |                                       *