Re: Embedded Servlets!

> --------------B6EA81C88A331F87E7F555C2
>
> Benoit Mahe wrote:
> >
> > > How do Servlets in an html page (like Applets) work with Jigsaw?
> [...]
> >
> >  There is a SSI command "servlet" which allows you to call servlet
> >  from an HTML page:
> >
> >  The following example show you how to call SnoopServlet with some
> >  parameters.
> >
> >  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" param="param1" value="foo" -->
> >  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" param="param2" value="bar" -->
> >  <!--#servlet name="Snoop" code="Servlets/class/SnoopServlet" -->
> >
> >  This must be in a .shtml file (indexed as a SSIResource).

 Sorry, this COULD be in a .shtml file.

> 	Is this .shtml restriction fixed? If so, I would find it very
> 	annoying since if, during the lifetime of a site (which may be on the
> 	order of months between major rebuilds), some pages need to now
> 	contain ssi and are named .html, then all links to them have to be
> 	updated. I am aware of the performance and security implications of
> 	enabling ssi "willy-nilly" but the choice to do so should be up to the
> 	author/publisher/hoster.
>
> 	Mike

 You can give the extension you want to your file. The default indexer
 in Jigsaw index the .shtml file as SSIResource but you can index some .html
 file as SSIResource (or whatever you want).

 Benoît.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team