Re: Beta1.0b under OS/2

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Yves Lafon wrote:

> > GET / HTTP/1.0
> > Host: localhost:8001
>
> You should never send this kind of request as it may be misinterpreted :)
> Depending on the server name echoed by Jigsaw at startup:
> try
>
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Connection: close
> Host: www.foo.bar:8001
>
> And don't forget the two \r\n after the headers.

localhost was the server echoed, but I've also tried rosa.vtl.org (my
computer name) with similar results.

Anyhow, I've treid HTTP 1.1 as well, and never got it to work, because it
requires a ``Host'' header, and it seems the server doesn't respond when I
send any headers of any kind no matter how many Enters I send.

*sigh* So much for Java's portablilty.  I guess it's likely a bug in IBM's
port of the Java VM.  I've noticed other small inconsistencies betwen my
version of Java for OS/2, and my version of Java for Win95. I'd like to
find out where the error is happening.  Jigsaw is big and intimidating.
I'm not sure where I should start looking or what I should start reading.

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"