Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:01:42 -0500
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@njitgw.njit.edu>
To: qianglu@cis.njit.edu
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: hp.manhattan.com.: host not found)

The original message was received at Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:01:41 -0500
from smap@localhost

<www-jigsaw@w3c.org>

550 <www-jigsaw@w3c.org>... Host unknown (Name server: hp.manhattan.com.: host not found)

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Lv, Qiang <qianglu@cis.njit.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:46:22 -0500
  • Subject: ProcessFilter
  • To: www-jigsaw@w3c.org
Hi man,

I set up jigsaw as Proxy server sucessfully. Now I have several
questions about custamizing the Proxy server:

1. I used default parameters for starting server. That is like:
-host space -root /export/home/jigsaw........
The problem is when I access the URL: space:8001, it is right as what I
expected. But when I access space.njit.edu:8001(.njit.edu is default
domain for my host), it seems to fall in dead loop: without any replies.
The same situation accured: When I specify space:8001 as my browser's
http proxy server, it is right. But it fails when I specify
space.njit.edu:8001 as my browser's http proxy server.

2. I am trying to add ProcessFilter to my Proxy server. I think the
specification about command of ProcessFilter is not so clear. I only
sucessfully specified UNIX commands without any parameters as
ProcessFilter's external commands. I can not specify a java program as
its external command. e.g. I want to mytest.class as the external
command. I specify
java mytest
as the command of ProcessFilter. But browser tell me command
java mytest
was not found. I am sure the binpath and classpath is all right.

3. If I sucessfully started a java program as ProcessFilter's external
command, how to get Reply message of ProcessFilter at external java
program. I mean I want to modify the Reply content in my java grogram,
and return the modified Reply message back to ProcessFilter.

Thanks,
Qiang

Qiang Lv
room 4220, ITC building
CIS department, NJIT
University Heights
Newark, NJ 07102
Tel: 973-596-2863(O)     973-596-2594(H)
Fax: 973-596-5777