Re: Jigsaw as Mirror?

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Wolfgang Platzer wrote:

> I am trying to use Jigsaw for the following problem:
>
> A client connects to Jigsaw (jigsaw.foo.com:4444/TestHost) and Jigsaw shall
> export the space of another WebServer under the directory /TestHost/ (other
> WebServer: test.foo.com:8888) without caching.
>
> My question: What resource is appropriate for this kind of problem:
>
> - w3c.jigsaw.proxy.ForwardDirectory
> - w3c.jigsaw.proxy.MirrorDirectory
> - w3c.jigsaw.resources.VirtualHostResource
>
> and how do I configure Jigsaw?
>
> Thanks
>
> Wolfgang

ForwardDirectory (and then MirrorDirectory) is tuned to act as a root
resource.
For example, if you set mirrors to http://www.foo.com/
in a directory /toto/ of your server http://www.bar.com/
then all request to http://www.bar.com/toto/something
will be redirected to http://www.foo.com/toto/something

So the name you want to use for a directory must be exactly the one of
the mirrored server. If you want to mirror the whole server, you need to
install the MirrorDirectory as your root resource, set the local-root to
root, then you can access your "normal" space with the root/ prefix
(It is like the Proxy, both extends ForwardDirectory).
To change the behaviour of MirrorDirectory (ie: if you want to mirror
UNDER one directory, which is unsafe, link-wise, because of the
possibility of absolute links in pages served), simply subclass
MirrorDirectory.

  /\ /  \                Architecture Domain - Jigsaw