Re: Servlet/SSI question

Jeff Dripps writes:
 > > > Hello,
 > > >
 > > > I am pretty new to servlets and am trying to exectute servlet code from
 > > > within an .shtml file. Can someone please give me some advice (i.e., and
 > > > example) of how this can be accomplished? TIA sinc, -jeff
 > >
 > >You can just use std server side include command (haven't heckd it but
 > >it should wortk):
 > >
 > >/servlet/myservlet mapped to your servlet
 > >Than in .shtml:
 > >
 > ><!--#exec="/server/myservlet">
 > >
 > >should work (let me know if it doesn't). BTW the <servlet> tag doesn't
 > >work.
 > >
 > >Anselm.
 >
 > Hi Anselm,
 >
 > No this doesn't work on the Mac platform, due to the lack of support for
 > Runtime.exec() in the Mac VMs.

The above trick doesn't use Runtime.exec, it's entirely handled within
Jigsaw, if you try it and it doesn't work, it s most probably a bug.

 > Could you give me some brief advice, if I were to attempt to implement an
 > SSI <servlet> tag command? i.e., ServletCommand.java

You would probably have to dig into the SSIResource, and add that
command into the parsing , etc (not an easy task...)

Anselm

 > PS: Anselm, are you still receiving private mail sent to <abaird@w3.org>? I
 > sent a couple of messages to this address, concerning servlet problems
 > recently. You've probably just been very busy, but I wanted to make sure
 > that was still a valid address, as now I see you are using
 > <abaird@www43.inria.fr>. tks

They are indeed in my stack of email, sorry,
Anselm.