Proxy bug??(Ignore previous post: FAQ: setting the proxy)

Peter Mcilroy writes:
 > I have been struggling for some time with the proxy setup,
 > as it was hanging in a very bad way, repeatedly.  Here is
 > the trouble, and it seems to be repeatable:
 >
 > 1.  Initialize the proxy as stated in the jigsaw manual.
 >
 > 2.  Make a proxy request (via Jigsaw) to a (non-compliant) address
 > that does not provide Content-Length information, for example,
 >
 > 	http://www.rutgers.edu/
 >
 > The request will hang at the end of delivery.
 > (NOTE: I am using Netscape 3.)
 >
 > 3. Interrupt the request.
 > 4.  ALL additional downloads fail.
 >
 > Is this a known bug, and is it repeatable?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > 	Peter McIlroy

That's the firt time I hear of that one. We have been fixing lots of
proxy bugs since l;ast release though. Next version will have a proxy
that has be run for weeks (literrally) with no problems (I am using a
"personnal proxy" for my everyday browsing)

Anselm.