Original Text
From: www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org, on 1/22/97 2:39 PM:
To: "Anselm Baird-Smith" <abaird@www10.w3.org>
Cc: "Jigsaw Mail List" <www-jigsaw@www10.w3.org>

        Reply to:   RE>PostableResource

Anselm,

I can understand your confusion with Step 5 being the same as Step 8.  My
error.

Step 5 is correct:
5) Using Netscape 3.0, the URL:
    http://....:8001/Test/test_survey.html
    brings up the form.

Steps 7 and 8 should show the URL of the resource, not the html file as
indicated in my original e-mail.  Steps 7 and 8 should be:
7) The resource replies and Netscape displays the information along with
     http://....:8001/User/test_survey
    as the URL

8) If I place the cursor in the URL line and hit return, then the browser
tries to access
    http://....:8001/User/test_survey
    which - I think - gets interpreted as a GET without a query string
    which - I think - causes the dreaded "...indexed but not available..."
message
    which - I think - causes Jigsaw to remove the resource.

At your suggestion, I set the extensible flag to false for the
DirectoryResource: User.  It looks as though setting the flag to false
prevents the resource from being deleted when the "...indexed but not
available..." condition occurs.

I can live with this since the users should not be directly accessing the
resource anyway.

Thanks for your help,
Bob