Re: SSL?

John Mitchell wrote:

> Me again. :-)
>
> What's the scoop with Jigsaw support for SSL?  Has anybody done it?
>
> Thanks,
>         John
Hi John,

I currently have Jigsaw running using SSL at my site.  I've replaced
NET.DLL with a SSLeay enabled version and Jigsaw (all Java programs)
communicate using SSL without a single modification.  I don't have a way
to get client cert info back up to applications, but it does do client
verification (if enabled).

You can find the DLL source code at http://noc.kpnw.org/~scott

This is a Windows NT implementation, but could be ported without too
much work.  I've just about got a JDK 1.1 version coded up which should
fit in nicely with the upcoming Jigsaw release.  You'll need to have
SSLeay installed and working to use this stuff.

Talk with ya later.
--
Scott Jewell
jewellsc@pop.mts.kpnw.org

The opinions and actions mentioned are my own and no one else.