Re: spawning dialup script

Mahesh Joshi writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > You put your code in the "ingoing" method of a filter you define.
 > Look at the way the Proxy filter does caching.
 > (look at the code in w3c.www.protocol.http.cache)
 >
 > you need to do the following:
 > 1) Design your own class that implements the PropRequestFilter
 > 2) Set this filter in the Proxy Properties page when you admin jigsaw
 > (or in the httpd.props file). You add it to the list of
 > w3c.www.protocol.http.filters setting.
 > 3) Put the the code below in the ingoing method of your class.
 >
 > Your code will get called before the request is processed.

[cool to know that some people know about this :-)]

 > I have no clue as to how you would determine that an active Internet
 > connection exists.

They are two possibilities:

a) You want to take full control of wether or not the proxy is
connected. It starts disconnected, when your filter runs, you connect
it.

b) You leave it to the cache filter (a better, but more difficult
approach). Your filter should then get a pointer to the cache filter
by using:
w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpManager::getGlobalFilter
and then you get/set the disconnected property [in fact, because
Jigsaw uses observable properties, I am not sure you even need a call
to getGlobalFilter...get the properties from the manager (at
initialize time), and just set the
"w3c.www.protocol.http.cache.connected" property, this should work by
its own]

Anselm.