Re: sandbox resources

S. Alexander Jacobson writes:
 > Anselm,
 >
 > I am probably going to need to implement something like this before
 > february.  Can you provide some guidelines about how you think the
 > JigsawSecurityInterface should work so I can minimize conversion hassles
 > when you get started.

Defining that interface is the hard part of the job. I don't know yet
how it will be, but it will typically add a set of methods to the
SecurityManager (eg checkResourceStoreAccess, to check if the
downloaded resource can access a resource store, etc).

 > As an aside, you said you were going to start supporting servlets.
 > Do you plan to phase out resources?  Should we start coding servlets
 > instead?  I think the jigsaw resource model makes more sense and hope you
 > don't have this intention.

No, I will keep implementing Jigsaw extensions as resources, but will
benefit from other people writing servlets, that's the idea. I will
certainly not drop resources in favor of servlets.

Anselm.