Re: Over zealous counter

> Weiping Hu writes:
>  > Now that I've 'discover' the .shtml extension, started to experiment the
>  > CounterFilter.  It worked fine on a single file, say
>  > /User/Overview.shtml.  However, when I then put the filter on the
>  > dicrectory /User, I found the counter started to increase by 3, instead
>  > of 1.  Suspecting that it might be because of the counter I put on the
>  > index file /User/Overview.shtml, I deleted the CounterFilter from
>  > Overview.shtml.  But the problem is still there.  Every time I reload
>  > the file /User/Overview.shtml, the counter increases by 3.
>
> Putting the filter on a directory means that the counter will be
> incremented each time the directory is traversed by a lookup
> operation, would this explain that counting burst ?

Or, since you're experimenting with SSIResource, it could be
that the internal requests derived from the files you include
in your .shtml file are also being counted as hits.
(How many resources from that directory are you including
in the .shtml file?)

Antonio

Antonio Ramirez / 450 Memorial Dr. / Cambridge, MA 02139
anto@mit.edu, anto@w3.org