Re: <!--#include file="file.txt" -->

Antonio Ramirez wrote:

> > Dear Anselm,
> >
> > Please excuse my ignorance.  But how should I use the
> >   "<!--#include file="file.name" -->
> > command?  I've tried every way I can think of (obviously not the right
> > one) but still am getting nowhere.  Could you give me a short but
> > working example, please?
>
> Maybe the name "file" for the parameter is misleading.In reality,
> you should put there a local URL for any Jigsaw resource. If the
> file is not accessible by Jigsaw, then you cannot include it using
> SSIResource (everything is done through internal requests).
>
> Does that help?
>
> For example, you can use file="file.txt"  assuming file.txt is indexed
> by Jigsaw  in  the same directory,  or  you can use  relative URLs (at
> least, you  should be able  to, otherwise  there is a  bug  there).  I
> think  there will be  a new  parameter  called "resource"  in a future
> version, so that  this detail is made  explicit. I  called it file  to
> remain sort of compatible with NCSA SSI.

This confirms my understanding of the command, but it still doesn't
work.  I have a file .../WWW/User/test.txt and I put the following line
in .../WWW/User/Overview.html

<!--#include file="test.txt" -->

and nothing happens when I load http://localhost/User/.  I also tried to
replace the file name with an URL, and got the same result.

> By the way,  I'd appreciate it if  you  sent your future  questions to
> www-jigsaw@w3.org, because there's   more  possibility for  discussion
> there, and other people can be interested too.
>
> Antonio

Well, here it comes.  I was afraid that my question was too simple to be
seen on the net.

-Weiping