Re: Jigsaw as a proxy-serve/service!

At 6:17 AM +1000 23/10/96, Mahesh Joshi wrote:

[snip]
>There are certain sites like my.yahoo.com which change every 5 mins
>which proxy servers and Web browsers should not cache. Netscape
>handles such sites correctly i.e. will always retreive a new
>copy when requested. But Internet Explorer and Jigsaw always return
>a cached version of the document.  I am not a Web expert, could
>someone explain why this happens?

Can you explain this in more details?

The reason I ask is because Netscape and MSIE are browsers when Jigsaw is a
server/proxy. Did you mean when you don't use proxy, it works and with
Jigsaw as a proxy it does not? Or that MSIE does not work in any case and
Netscape/Jigsaw also does not work?

It might be important, so please explain the situation in details.

Thank you,
     Alex.

--------| I feel as confused as a baby in a topless bar. |--------