Re: Registering an extension for text files that should be downloaded

By NOT having a mime type configured in the browser, you get the save to
disk dialog. If the server returns text/plain for your .patch file, most
browsers will display it. You need to configure the server to return
something other than text/plain for .patch files.

Jedi