Solved: Putable Resource!

wplatzer@iaik.tu-graz.ac.at writes:

 > No it works fine for html documents. But I have to change it for every ex=
 > tension !!!
 >
 > Is there a way that class PutableDirectory sets the flag putable to true ?
 >
 > If I try to upload a file e.g. abc.abc and there is no extension abc defi=
 > ned
 > the server responds with:
 >
 > Failed to create resource abc.abc. The indexer wasn't able to deduce a re=
 > source for it.
 >
 > Maybe it's useful to define a general default resource without binding it=
 >  to an extension.

The problem is the following: I don't want to enable PUT in the
default distribution. That's why all predefined extensions have the
putable flag set to false by default (security concerns).

This means that if someone like you (and me ;-) have to re-configure
all the extensions before being able to edit through PUT. Turning the
putable flag for all sub-resources of PutableDirectory could be an
option, but there would be a slight problem propagating it.

Antonio Ramirez (the author of the new SSIResource) will spend some
time working on a new indexing scheme (hopefully an extension rather
then a redesign ;-) that might (as a side effect) help finding a
better solution to that.

 > A nice application for PutableDirectory:
 >
 > Everyone can browse to his homepage, modify it and put it back to the ser=
 > ver.
 > For that purpose I defined the GenericAuthFilter only for method PUT on d=
 > irectory PEOPLE.

That's the way I am using Jigsaw to edit it's documentation. If you'r
an adept of CVS, you can even use the form-based interface to CVS,
this provides a really powerfull mean of editing files...

Anselm.