Re: re: modification to DirectoryResource.java

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Les Stockton wrote:
>I read what Jeff Sickell did with DirectoryResource.java, and I like it.
>I was wondering if an attribute should be added to DirectoryResource,
>so that you have two formats available.  The two formats would be
>plainJane (the current format in <PRE>) and then pretty (the <TABLE>
>format that Jeff is using).
>This way, you have the choice of either, and it all remains a part of the
>generic DirectoryResource that everyone can use.
>I wonder what Anselm thinks about this idea?

Actually, I was just thinking along those lines.

And I was also just testing these patches a little more, and realized that
when there is no (or very little) text in the third column, a browser may make
the layout a little awkward, ie. too spaced on the page.

Anyway, an attribute for the DirectoryResource would be beneficial for
further customization...  And a couple of error checks to make sure the table
layout is truly 'pretty'.... and consistent.

jas