Re:writing new filters?

At 6:29 AM +1000 22/11/96, Les Stockton wrote:
>If I write a new filter, do I put the java source in the same directory as
>Jigsaw has it's source, and more importantly, do I put the class files in the
>same place where Jigsaw has it's class files?

Use a package. I know there is contrib package in w3c.jigsaw, but I think
it is for official Jigsaw contributions under proper CopyLeft license, so
you better use your own. Something like jigsaw.LS would be nice. LS stand
for your initials even better three letters with a middle name if you have
one.
Then you put that package jigsaw.LS anywhere on a classpath. It does not
have to be in Jigsaw directory at all. I, for example, have it in java
subdirectory where I keep all my private and test packages and I have
~/java directory on a classpath.

> Are there any naming standards to prevent me from using a file name that
>might end up being superceded with a later release of Jigsaw?

If you use your own packages, there is no risk as all the jigsaw files
would be under w3c and all yours under jigsaw.LS. No overlapping here. :-}

Regards,
     Alex.

alex@access.com.au