BUG? Reindex on PassDirectory deletes it.

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am playing with PassDirectory and found what is evident bug with it. I
 > tried to reindex it and it just went bang and gone. No error message,
 > nothing. The directory disapeared and everything disapeared with it. I
 > understand that reindex deletes the resource and then tries to rebuild it,
 > but what happens with resources that have no filesystem representation?

As you say below, they will disapear :-( Use the check box to reindex
only the things you really want to reindex.

 >  I am afraid even to think what would happen if I point editor on
 > /Admin/ExistingResources and try to reindex things in there. I think
 > everything would go away, because there are no file equivalents to all
 > Admin subsystems.

Correct, don't do this (the boot stratping of jigsaw - creating the
first .jigidx file - is a tricky problem)

 > Alex.
 > Ps. Or am I barking on the wrong tree and there is never a reason to
 > reindex non file based resource and this command should just do nothing for
 > them?

Well that's the difficult part of it. The only solution I can see is
to have another atribute that says wether the resource has been
manually edited or not. If manually edited, the reindex command would
skip them, otherwise, it would reindex them. (The point is to *never*
have exceptional treatment of resource based on their class).

Anselm.