Association of extension and resource

albert zhou writes:
 > Currently one can associate/dissociate an extension with a resource
 > class.  What about changing an existing association?  Sure, one can
 > dissociate it first and then associate it with another class.  Can we
 > directly change the resource class on the fly (rather than via the
 > two-step approach above)?  Am I missing something fundamental on the
 > extension management?

No it's just not available. The (obscur) reason is the following: for
dircteory, one needs to "wrap" the template into an other resuorce,
because the template itself needs an external set of attributes (such
as generic in this case).

For extension resources, as there is no need for external attributes,
there is no wrappeer class, so the class you edit is the template.

[This might be confused, but it is the real reason ]

Anselm.
BTW: I can easily imagine how we could provide a user interface to do
what you want, of course.