Re: Discussion: Packages naming.

Alexandre Rafalovitch writes:
 > At 2:22 PM 20/8/96, Antonio Ramirez wrote:
 > >> Hi guys.
 > >>
 > >> I am writing couple of filters and resources for public domain and have no
 > >> idea what package should I put it into. I know the most valid choice is to
 > >> put it under my reversed DNS name (AU.COM.ACCESS.JIGSAW) but it seems to me
 > >> not many people would like to create such deep directory structures just to
 > >> put one or two resource/filters (that is if anybody would like my stuff at
 > >> all :-{ ).

After giving it more thought, I would not be against having a
w3c.jigsaw.contrib package, which could be used as the root of
externally  developped extensions to Jigsaw. So for example your
JavaApiDirectoryResource could go into

w3c.jigsaw.contrib.JavaApiDirectoryResource. If you were to build a
full app on top of jigsaw (needing its own packages and the like),
youcould either:

a) Use the Java convetion (if you want to sell it, for example)
b) Use the contrib directory (w3c.jigsaw.contrib.app)
c) If your app is to be included in Jigsaw releases then it would
probably be w3c.jigsaw.app - the server side include resource, for
example, sits in w3c.jigsaw.ssi)

Anselm.